- Top Page
- Limited Express Fares information
Limited Express Tickets
- There are two types of Limited Express fares: reserves seat and non-reserved seat fares, depending on the seat you are traveling in. Reserved-seat Limited Express fare prices are calculated by season and are divided into normal periods, peak periods, and off-peak periods, depending on the date of travel. When using an non-reserved-seat Limited Express, Green car or Sleeper car, the Limited Express fare is 530 yen less than the reserved-seat Limited Express fare during normal periods.
- Children's Limited Express fares are half the adult price (fractions are rounded down).
- Reserved-seat Limited Express tickets are valid only on trains for which they have been reserved.
Non-reserved-seat Limited Express tickets are valid for one day and may be used only once per train.
- Reserved-seat Limited Express fares by season
During the off-peak periods, a 200 yen discount will apply to the regular season reserved-seat Limited Express fare if traveling on reserved seats on ordinary cars of Limited Express trains. 200 yen will be added to the regular season reserved seat Limited Express fare during peak periods.
|Off-peak periods||Monday through Thursday during the following periods: January 16 to the last day of February, June, September, and November 1 to December 20. (Excluding national holidays, the day before a national holiday, and observed holidays.)|
|Peak periods||March 21 to April 5, April 28 to May 6, July 21 to August 31, and December 25 to January 10.|
|Normal periods||Any day outside off-peak and peak periods.|
Some JR Hokkaido, JR East, and JR West trains may have different peak and off-peak periods. Please check each company’s website for details.
Limited Express fares on local railway lines (A)
|Operating distance||Up to |
|Up to |
|Up to |
|Up to |
|Up to |
|Up to |
|Up to |
|Reserved-seat Limited Express fare||1,290 yen||1,730 yen||2,390 yen||2,730 yen||2,950 yen||3,170 yen||3,490 yen||3,830 yen|
|Non-reserved-seat Limited Express fare||760 yen||1,200 yen||1,860 yen||2,200 yen||2,420 yen||2,640 yen||2,960 yen||3,300 yen|
For non-reserved-seat Limited Express fares up to 50 km, please see Special Limited Express Fares.
Special Limited Express fares
|Limited Express fares apply up to 25 km within JR Shikoku||Reserved-seat fare (normal periods)||1,070 yen|
|Non-reserved-seat fare||330 yen|
|Non-reserved-seat Limited Express fares apply up to 50 km within JR Shikoku||530 yen|
|Non-reserved-seat Limited Express fares up to 50 km apply if traveling between Okayama and Kojima or from the same section to JR Shikoku’s zone.||560 yen|
Green Car Tickets
- Green car ticket fares are calculated according to the operating distance of the section traveled, but the fares vary between Limited Express and rapid (normal) services. Also, the charge varies from the regular charge on some Limited Express trains.
- Please purchase Limited Express and Green car tickets if traveling on Limited Express train Green cars (including a Green car private cabin).
- Adults and children pay the same price for Green car tickets.
Limited Express train Green car fares between zones operated by JR Shikoku and other JR services
|Operating distance||Up to 100 km||Up to 200 km||Up to 400 km||Up to 600 km|
|Green car fare||1,300 yen||2,800 yen||4,190 yen||5,400 yen|
Rapid and normal train Green car fares
|Operating distance||Up to 50 km||Up to 100 km||Up to 150 km||Over 151 km|
|Green car fare||780 yen||1,000 yen||1,700 yen||1,990 yen|
Green car charge on some Limited Express trains
The following table shows the fares when using the Green car or Green car private cabin on Limited Express trains.
- Limited Express train “IYONADA MONOGATARI”
- Limited Express train “SHIKOKU MANNAKA SENNEN MONOGATARI”
|Operating distance||Up to 100 km|
|Green car fare||1,500 yen|
Green car private cabin (Limited Express train “IYONADA MONOGATARI”)
- Capacity: 8 passengers (available for 2 or more passengers)
- In addition to the Green car private cabin charge, fares and Limited Express charges for the number of passengers must be paid.
|Cabin charge||28,000 yen|
Limited Express and Green car tickets are required for every Limited Express train.
However, with Limited Express and Green car tickets for services departing and arriving at the same station within the following sections, you can travel on a through-fare if you change Limited Express trains without leaving the ticket gates at specified stations.
- If transferring from one Limited Express train to another between Okayama and Uwajima or Takamatsu and Uwajima, without exiting the ticket gate at Utazu, Marugame, Tadotsu, and Matsuyama stations.
- If transferring from one Limited Express train to another between Okayama and Kubokawa or Takamatsu and Kubokawa, without exiting the ticket gate at Utazu, Marugame, Tadotsu, and Kōchi stations.
- If transferring from one Limited Express train to another between Okayama and Mugi, without exiting the ticket gate at Tokushima Station.
- If transferring from one Limited Express train to another between Tokushima and Kōchi, without exiting the ticket gate at Awa-Ikeda Station.
- Excludes travel between Limited Express train stops between Okayama and Utazu and Limited Express train stops between Takamatsu and Utazu.
- Excludes the sections traveled on Limited Express “IYONADA MONOGATARI”, “SHIKOKU MANNAKA SENNEN MONOGATARI” and “SHIKOKU TOSA TOKI NO YOAKE NO MONOGATARI”.
Connecting Service Discounts
Shinkansen and local railway connecting service discount
- The Limited Express fares on local railway services are halved if transferring between the Shinkansen and local Limited Express trains at Okayama, Sakaide, or Takamatsu stations. Limited Express fares are also halved if traveling on Limited Express Green cars. Any fraction less than 10 yen is rounded down.
The discount applies when changing from Shinkansen to local trains on the day you travel on the Shinkansen, and changing from local trains to Shinkansen on the day or the following day you travel on the local trains.
- The discount applies only if you purchase the Limited Express tickets for both connecting trains together before departure. You will not qualify for a discount once you board the train.
- If transferring between a Shinkansen and Limited Express or express trains on an ordinary railway line, the discount applies to the local train service with a higher fare.
Sunrise Seto and local railway connecting service discount
- Limited Express fares and reserve charges within JR Shikoku are halved if transferring between Limited Express sleeper train Sunrise Seto and Limited Express trains within JR Shikoku at Sakaide or Takamatsu station on the day or the next day you board the first departing train.
- The discount applies only if the Limited Express tickets for both connecting services are purchased at the same time before departure. You will not qualify for a discount once you board the train.
- Adults and children pay the same price for Sleeper tickets.
- If traveling on Sleeper car on Limited Express trains, 530 yen is deducted from the reserved-seat Limited Express fares for normal periods.
If traveling on Limited Express Sleeper cars (including private cabins), purchase the sleeper car tickets with the Limited Express tickets.
- Two adults may not share a berth (even if taking turns,) but one adult and one child or two children can share a berth.
Sunrise Seto Sleeper car tickets
|Type||Category||Fare (per person)|
|Single occupancy||Deluxe single||Private sleeper cabin A||13,980 yen|
|Twin (single or twin occupancy)||Private sleeper cabin B||9,600 yen|
|Double occupancy||Sunrise twin||Private sleeper cabin B||7,700 yen|
JR Shikoku’s reserved-seat fares on ordinary trains are as follows.
|Monday through Thursday during the following periods: January 16 to the last day of February, June, September, and November 1 to December 20. |
(Excluding national holidays, the day before a national holiday, and observed holidays.)
|Days other than the above||530 yen|
- Children pay half the price of adults’ reserved-seat fares (numbers are rounded down).
- The above fares may vary for train services offered by other JR companies outside Shikoku.