Home > Mirror Tips > Download Facebook Messenger for PC (2022 Newest)
September 22, 2021 (Updated: January 18, 2022)
4 min read
Messenger is a free messaging desktop app that allows users to have unlimited interaction with people who matter the most. From sending pictures to having a live chat with your loved ones, Facebook Messenger has a lot to offer.
If you want to keep connected to your friends and family using a PC, Facebook Messenger for desktop is the ideal app for you. Messenger PC is a bundle of remarkable features regularly polished by the creators to give users a fun-filled experience.
However, many people struggle when it comes to downloading Facebook Messenger on PC. Well, worry not because we bring you a comprehensive guide to download Messenger for PC.
- Part 1: How to Download Facebook Messenger for PC?
- Part 2: Other Ways to Use FB Messenger on PC
- 1. Official Website: (Windows and Mac)
- 2. Screen Mirroring App - iMyFone MirrorTo
- Part 3: Hot FAQs About Messenger PC
Part 1: How to Download Facebook Messenger for PC?
Messenger is no longer a mere chatting app; it's a standalone platform for so much more. No wonder Messenger lite download for PC and Mac has skyrocketed in such a short period. With 1.3 million monthly users, it tops the list of messaging apps after WhatsApp.
But, what makes it so popular?
The desktop version for Windows and Mac has been designed to give users an excellent big-screen experience of staying connected with their loved ones. Starting from simply messaging your friends, this Facebook Messenger for PC Windows 7, 8, and 10 has come a long way to improve user experience.
Amazing Features of Messenger Desktop App
- Live chats and video calls: Unlimited high-quality video calls and chats with all your Facebook friends.
- Vanish Mode: Not sure of the privacy, switch to the vanish mode, and the messages will disappear once you close the app.
- Transfer Money: Facebook Pay allows you to receive and send money from the confinements of the Facebook platform.
- Quick sync: Whether you are working on your desktop or using your phone, all your chats will stay in sync with each other.
- Cool emojis: Who does not love to express themselves a little extra? Choose from the coolest pool of stickers, emojis, and GIFs to express your ideas and thoughts.
- Designed for Multitasking: It allows you to chat with several people through separate chat heads, and you can conveniently use it on the desktop while performing other tasks.
- Unsend a message: Do you regret sending the wrong message to the wrong person. Unsend it.
- Virtual Rooms: Like Zoom, Messenger also allows people to gather their friends and colleagues to play games, watch videos together, and a lot. This feature enables attendants to watch movies and TV shows together as well.
- Updates with notifications: Whenever a new message drop-in or you receive a call, you will be notified.
Step-by-Step Guide to Download Messenger for PC/Mac
Starting your journey on Messenger for PC and Mac is as simple as downloading it on your mobile phone. The windows and Mac version is almost same as the mobile version to make users feel familiar and at ease.
You can get the Messenger desktop site by following the below steps to have unlimited fun on your PC and Mac as well:
- Go to the Microsoft Store.
- Click on Get for free download, and you are done.
- For using Messenger on PC, you must have Windows 10 installed.
For Mac OS:
- Go to the Mac App Store.
- Click on the "Get" option to download the app, and it's done.
Pros and Cons of Messenger Desktop App
Here are some of the pros and cons of Facebook messenger for windows that you would want to know about:
- Super easy to use and navigate.
- Besides pictures and video sharing, it allows sharing documents in PDF and spreadsheet formats.
- Allows customization of user experience through Dark Mode.
- Stable audio and video connection.
- Sync the chats automatically.
- Fun to use.
- Account left open on PC is vulnerable, and anyone can access it.
- For video calls, only adding 8 people is allowed.
- No default message encryption.
Part 2: Other Ways to Use FB Messenger on PC
1. Messenger Official Website: (Windows and Mac)
If you have a Facebook account, follow these steps:
- Go to Messenger.com on your desktop.
- You will get to the login page.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Voila, you are ready to go. Using the method, you can access the messenger on the desktop easily.
If you do not have a Facebook account, from your phone, follow the protocol below:
- Access the Messenger app and click on "Not On Facebook"?
- Enter your phone number and click "Continue".
- Enter code received on your number.
- Allow or deny the app to read your contacts.
2. Screen Mirroring App - iMyFone MirrorTo
Here we bring you a more convenient way of enjoying the most popular messaging app on the big screen of your PC. Use the fantastic Screen Mirroring App - iMyFone MirrorTo. The app has been specifically designed to enhance user experience in times of bigger virtual gatherings.
- It allows you to have a better experience due to the large screen.
- Turn your phone camera into a flexibly movable webcam, realize the hd camera of mobile phone when live broadcast on computer.
- easily to type by using keyboard, allowing you to work and play at the same time.
- It allows playing games and managing social media apps conveniently.
Try It FreeTry It Free
Here is how you can use the app:
Step 1: Download and launch the program iMyFone MirrorTo on your computer
Step 2: Use a USB cable to connect the phone to your PC. Next, select "Transfer Files" for establishing a connection.
Step 3: Now go to Setting > About phone > Software information > Developer option and click "Build number" 7 times. Enable USB debugging on your phone.
Step 4: Next, give permission to MirrorTo to show things. Click "Turn on" to download the iMyFone MirrorTo app on your phone.
Step 5: Your screen has been shared on the PC. Open messenger on your phone and enjoy high-quality video calls and chats using a keyboard and mouse.
No more wait and try it FREE now!
Try It FreeTry It Free
Part 3: Hot FAQs About Messenger PC
Q1: Is there a Messenger app for PC?
In April 2020, the VP of Messenger announced a launch of a separate app for Mac OS and Windows to let users stay connected worldwide using big screens. A separate app for PC allows convenient communication irrespective of browsers and Facebook account complications.
Q2: Is Messenger safe on PC?
FB messenger for PC also offers End-to-End encryption for its users on both audio and video calls. This prevents the third party from getting hold of information through your chats and calls. This makes it a safe option to communicate.
Q3: Can I use Messenger on PC without Facebook?
You can get messenger for windows 10 without Facebook through their official website Messenger.com. That requires an email and password for your Facebook account.
Q4: Can you tell if someone is looking at your messenger?
Yes, messenger allows users to know whether their message has been sent, delivered, and read by the recipient or not through blue ticks and small picture icons beside the message. You will also know the exact time the message has been seen.
Q5: Can messenger be spied on?
The developers have made sure to keep the data and information of the user as confidential as possible. Therefore, personal information is not shared with anyone else on any grounds whatsoever.
Q6: Is it better to use a Facebook app or browser?
If you are a regular user who loves to stay connected with your friends and family all the time, a Facebook app is better for you. However, if you are using the platform occasionally, why burden your PC or phone memory with an extra app.
Messenger app for windows and PC is a complete bundle of entertainment and fun for anyone who wants a simple yet powerful platform to stay connected with their social contacts all across the globe. The remarkable features it offers are unmatched and unfound anywhere else.
The app is not just all fun and pleasure; it lets you perform some competent tasks of making payments, sharing documents, and conduct meetings without disrupting other tasks as well. The screen mirroring through iMyFone MirrorTo allows excellent convenience for users to enjoy this amazing app on the big screen as well.
Try It FreeTry It Free
(Click to rate this post)
Generally rated 4.8 (256 participated)
You have already rated this article, please do not repeat scoring!
How can I download Facebook Messenger on my PC? ›
Messenger for Desktop is a desktop app that lets you use Messenger on your Windows or Mac computer. Go to download the app on Messenger.com. The desktop app will automatically download based on the desktop device you are using. Note: Messenger for Windows requires Windows 10.How do I get the latest version of Facebook Messenger? ›
How do I get the newest version of Facebook Messenger? Go to the app store for your device and do a search on Facebook Messenger. Click on Facebook Messenger; if there are updates available, there will be an Update button (or if it's not installed, you'll have the opportunity to do so).How can I fix my Messenger problem? ›
- Start the Settings app and tap Apps.
- If necessary, tap See all apps and then tap Messenger.
- Tap Storage & cache.
- Tap Clear storage.
Another way to check Facebook messages without messenger from the browser is via the messenger website. The desktop site is message-only. Although the link will direct you to install the messenger app, you can bypass it by requesting a desktop site on your browser settings.
How to install Facebook messenger for pc in windows 10/11 (One Step)How can I download FB Messenger? ›
How to Download Facebook Messenger Conversations - YouTubeWhat is the newest version of Facebook? ›
The latest one, FB5, otherwise known as the "New Facebook", might be the most dramatic of them all. It's a total shift in how Facebook looks and works on desktop and mobile. It even introduces a site-wide dark mode.How do I update Facebook to 2022? ›
How To Update FaceBook On Android! (2022) - YouTubeWhat is new in Messenger update? ›
With a new update, calls on Messenger is getting a bigger focus on calls, with a dedicated tab that feels straight out of Android's default dialer. The new Calls Tab is rolling out to Android users starting this week, making it easy to place calls and view your history in a single space.How can I reset Messenger? ›
- Open Settings on your phone and scroll to the bottom.
- Click on System.
- Tap Reset options.
- Carefully select Reset app preferences from the options.
- Confirm the action by pressing RESET APPS on the screen.
How do I update Messenger? ›
How to Update Messenger App on Android - YouTubeWhy I Cannot open my Messenger? ›
Open the Apps menu. Select All apps. Look for Messenger in the list of apps and tap the option that says Force stop. Once this is done, go back to the home screen and try opening Facebook Messenger again, and the issue should be fixed.How do I see hidden Facebook messages? ›
Select the Messenger icon on the top right corner of the screen. Select options, located at the top as the three dots. Choose Message Requests from the menu. You'll see a list of messages from your secret folder.Can I get Facebook messages sent to my email? ›
Tap in the top right of Facebook. Scroll to the bottom and tap Settings. Tap Notifications below Preferences. Tap Email below Where You Receive Notifications.How do I view Facebook messages on my browser? ›
The easiest way is to head to Messenger.com. On the desktop, this site acts as a messages-only portal. If you open it on your mobile browser, though, the site will redirect you to downloading the Messenger app.Can I use Messenger on my computer without Facebook? ›
You'll need to create a Facebook account to use Messenger. You can then deactivate your Facebook account and log into Messenger using your Facebook account information. This is called a Deactivated Except Messenger Account (DEMA).Can I download Messenger for free? ›
Be together whenever, with our free* all-in-one communication app, complete with unlimited text, voice, video calling and group video chat features. Connect with your Instagram friends right from Messenger.How do I put the Messenger icon on my desktop? ›
- Right-click on your Desktop.
- When the menu opens, click on New.
- Click on Shortcut.
- A new field will open, and you have to enter the location.
- Click Next.
- Enter the name of your shortcut (Type “Facebook”).
- Click Finish.
How To Download Facebook Messenger For Windows - YouTube